- Glamour UK: What do you get riled up about in a feminist context?
- Gillian Anderson: A lot. I have feminist bones and when I hear things or see people react to women in certain ways I have very little tolerance.
- Glamour UK: But don't you feel sorry for modern men? Not knowing whether they should help us with our bags and open doors for us or whether we'll see it as an affront?
- Gillian Anderson: No. I don't feel sorry for men.
- *Helena's screeching audio cue*
- season 1 viewers: oh shit this is terrifying
- season 2 viewers: HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH FUCKIN' RIGHT FUCKIN' RIGHT ALRIGHT
Coraline. The Graveyard Book. American Gods. The Ocean at the End of the Lane.
They all make me feel something I’ve never quite gotten from anywhere else. The way swimming at sunset with fireflies feels. What it’s like to discover a trap door in an old house. The quiet bravery of steeling yourself against the dark and all the shadows that hide within it.
Night Vale touches those parts of my brain. Locke and Key did, too. I love people who create with unrestrained respect for mystery, fear, heart and joy.
Am I allowed to be annoyed because Kate nailed a lifetime’s worth of feeling about what Neil’s words do my brain into four sentences, and I couldn’t do it in less than a dozen? God, she’s good.
You can be annoyed, I’ll be flattered. ^_^
pumpkin spice candles soon
pumpkin lattes soon
A lot of people are asking what exactly Jared and Aisha said and I am literally too angry to want to retype it all but I just tweeted about it, so here:
And that’s basically the summary of it, there was more but I was a bit distracted by rage to catch all of what was said.
I am just so angry because it shows just such disrespect and misogyny and I can’t even describe how hurtful their comments were, as a female fan, as a woman and a person who values the stories and lives of women, to see such blatant disregard and scorn for the idea of female characters, especially after Jeremy Carver’s condescending remarks earlier, and I just…
I don’t like hating people. I really don’t.
But I really hate Jared Padalecki and Aisha Tyler right now.
Well, I knew Padalecki was a piece of shit, but I’m disappointed in Aisha Tyler